Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Finally, first post :)

Hey there reader, my name is Damian, I'm 22 years old and I'm making this Blog so people can check on the progress that will take me to live here:

Yep, that's Vancouver , BC.

This is me, the guy (not the girl); I'm an Informatics Engineering student at URBE (Universidad Rafael Belloso Chacin) in Maracaibo, Venezuela. I'm 22 years old; I speak English, Spanish and I'm taking French classes (So I can score some more points on the Canadian Immigration Skill assesment) currently level deux!. I'm an avid Java programmer, specially on JSP/Servlets and I'm an excellent Linux System Administrator; right now I sort of work for two companies, first my University as a Java Programmer (Although I did quit a couple of weeks ago!) and for FastNetSupport a Canadian (:D) company dedicated in providing quality Support (Level 1/2/3) and System Administration to companies that require it.
What have I done?, I've done many stuff at my first job (URBE), including WAP systems, fixed a lot of issues with the Online Grades, Registry, Information Administrators, Intranet services, etc etc.
So what's the whole deal about this Blog?, primarly so I can check how close I am on completing my objective; a Canadian Immigration Visa so I can live and work in Vancouver :).
Why Canada and not the US?; I've always liked Canada, I've been to the US many times but the whole immigration process to the US is a mess, specially for qualified workers. Figures, they give out hundreds and thousands of Green Cards to Mexicans/Central Americans that are Illegal in the country but they refuse to give them to qualified people (Engineers, Medics, Scientists, etc) or they ask for many paperwork (bureaucreacy). Canada is different, Canadian people are so much different, the arts, science, knowledge is freely distributed, the Goverment isn't out in a quest to piss people off with things like wars, social security, politics, terrorism/anti-terrorism and shit.

I think I've vented enough. I appreciate any comments, and I'll make some more update very soon :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Canada too :) I was lucky enough to be born here.

A friend of mine who was trying to immigrate from Australia (he's given up and is moving to London) showed me www.notcanada.com, which I thought was interesting (and it doesn't seem to be working at the moment). That said, I'm sure you've done your research, etc. and I wish you the best of luck with the immigration process!

Unknown said...

You're leaving...